Thursday, February 26, 2009

A DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY


It was 23rd February,2009 a day before my 22nd birthday.I woke up on that day around 6.45 am,a time which is quite early for me considering that day was a holiday for me as MahaShivratri was being celebrated in India.The reason why i woke up so early was because i had to watch the live and exclusive coverage of the 81st Oscar Awards on Star Movies.

I being an Indian and a Mumbaikar was quite obviously rooting for the film 'SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE' a film based on the slum life of Mumbai,which had got 10 nominations.Of the 10 nominations,3 nominations were for my favourite music director AR RAHMAN(ARR).One nomination in the Best Original score and 2 nominations in the Best Original Song category.Considering the fact that ARR had already won awards in the prestigious Gloden Globe and BAFTA,I and all Indians were quite sure that he would win atleast one Oscar if not two.So i kept my fingers crossed that he would win.And guess what ARR won not one but two Oscars winning in both categories and created history by becoming the first Indian to win 2 Oscars.The film also bagged 8 Oscars making it the film with the most Oscars this year.

I was just over the moon that day and just told to myself that a what a pre-birthday gift i had got and the joy cannot be expressed in words.Well,I can say that no day before my birthday had been so special until this year which i will never forget and always cherish this moment.

And finally -------------- JAI HO AR RAHMAN

No comments: